Friday, May 16, 2014

A Moment of Joy

This day has been bookended in crisis.  From a situation with our oldest this morning, to an ER visit with our youngest this evening, it has been a day!  We are exhausted!  But sometime in the middle, I experienced a peaceful moment that just made me smile.  

After everyone had been delivered to their afternoon activities, and welcomed home from others, I had just a few moments before fixing dinner.  I decided to use that time to pick yummy lettuce from my vegetable garden and clip fresh flowers from my flower garden.  I delivered some of the lettuce to my neighbor and then made a nice big salad.  It is so satisfying to serve my family something that I have grown myself.  The flowers are beautiful on my kitchen table, and they smell wonderful!

I stood in my kitchen, enjoying the moment, and giving thanks to God for the bounty with which he has blessed us.  Just a brief moment - that was all it took to re-energize me and prepare me for the very long evening ahead.  And he knew that I would need it!  That is what I love so much about my God.  He cares about every detail of my day.

The situations are almost resolved.  Now, if only we could get home to eat that dinner.  But I guess, at this point, we might as wait for breakfast.

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.

Lamentations 3:25

No comments:

Post a Comment