Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Bearing With One Another

I think the animals got the best of us today.  It all started last night with our neighborhood dog, Jessie, barking and keeping us awake.  After a bit, we decided she must have been reminding us that we forgot to shut the chickens in.  Jerry got up and went outside to close them safely up for the night.  She did stop barking after that.

This morning, Jerry was awakened by the sound of the goats.  When he pulled the curtain back, he discovered that the goats had gotten out and were munching on my, soon to bloom, Black Eyed Susans.  Someone had forgotten to latch the gate last night.

This afternoon, I was checking out my vegetable garden, only to discover that the little chicks had found their way under the fence.  They had scratched up a lettuce, destroyed a sweet banana pepper plant, and kicked the mulch off of several other plants!  Ugh!  I was ready to get rid of them all!

A friend reminded me tonight that we can have those kinds of days with people too.  Even the ones we love can escape our boundaries and invade off limits areas of our lives.  They can dig up things they shouldn't and uncover parts of us that we simply don't want uncovered.  Truly, it sometimes seems that life would be much simpler without them!

But God did not intend for us to be alone.  He gave us each other for relationship.  It takes a lot of work to love people in my life that are difficult, but then again, I must remember that I am probably just as difficult to love at times!  I think I will keep the people - and the animals!

  • Ephesians 4:2-3

    Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment