Sunday, April 6, 2014

Creating Order

Today's sermon was interesting.  It was like a super fast roller coaster ride through the book of Job.  The point was that God knows what He is doing, and I think the point was made well.  There was one part that jumped right out at me, and it hit me as revelation, but probably not at all in the way our pastor, Jason, had intended.  I love the way God's Word can speak to each individual in just the way they need it at the time!

Jason read a part of Job where God was explaining how He maintains the world.  Since I have been struggling with maintaining my little part of the world lately, my ears really perked up at this statement!  God knows what it's like to have a lot going on.  He is an expert on multitasking.  He understands how challenging it is to have lots of children, animals to care for, the desire to create, and the passion to help others.  He gets it because that is what He does!

It shouldn't have taken me this long to come to this conclusion, but here was my revelation:  if God understands my struggle because He is the King of running the world, shouldn't I be asking Him for help?  Is it possible that the very One who created me with all of my quirks, just might be the One to help me figure out how to do this life?  Perhaps, the Creator of order might be able to help me create some order in my own life? Duh!


“Do you know when the mountain goats give birth?
Do you watch when the doe bears her fawn?
Do you count the months till they bear?
Do you know the time they give birth?”
Job 39:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment