Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Distractions!

In my quest for writing about 4000 meaningful words today, there have been many distractions!  Jerry was unable to take Renee to her doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I took her.  That was a couple of hours out of my planned writing time!  There were several phone calls, and the news of one of my children acting out.  That news, in particular, was almost enough to throw me for a loop, but I submitted it to God, let my husband take care of it and pushed forward!  

One of the phone calls was my Dad, letting me know some news about what seems an impossible situation. The family involved is praying for a miracle.  I found myself thinking cynical thoughts as my Dad was explaining the situation. Do you know the thoughts I'm talking about?  Thoughts like, "It's good that they have faith, but it probably won't happen."  As I was thinking the thoughts and listening to my Dad, I looked at what I was typing.  I was midway through the verse I had just looked up and my fingers were still tapping the keys on my Ipad.  The verse said, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.Romans 15:13!  Seriously!  I was typing that verse and at the same time wondering why this family had hope!  Wow!  

God is teaching me some amazing things while I am writing this conference!  I have to believe that he will be teaching others as well!  The title of the conference is "Linking Our Story With His Story - Understanding How God Reveals His Story Through Ours".  It focuses on our need for God, His intervention in our lives, our response, and how our lives are changed!  Boy, do I have some stories tell!  I'd be willing to bet you do as well!

I am going to bed now!  I would like to say that my brain is fried, but since I really feel that God is working through me, I think the exhaustion I feel is coming more from simply fighting off the distractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment