Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Words Count

I have been very focused on counting words lately.  The project I assigned in Creative Writing this week requires the students to count their words.  I am also in the midst of writing for a women's conference that is next month.  It will be my first opportunity to speak at a conference and I will be speaking for about 30 minutes, four different times during the weekend.  I discovered today, after finishing Session One, that it takes about 4000 words to fill that amount of time!

I don't want to just fill the time, though!  I want the words to be meaningful!  I pray that the words I am writing are not my words, but the words God wants me to speak!  

Matthew 12:36 says, "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken."  

On the other hand, Isaiah 55:11 says, "So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Wow!  16,000 opportunities to have to account for, or 16,000 opportunities to achieve God's purpose!  Please pray for me to "correctly handle the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment