Friday, February 21, 2014

Important Work!

I love it when God gives me opportunities to serve in the midst of the "important stuff" he has given me to do!  Just in case you think I'm being sarcastic, I'm really not!  I am right in the middle of two big projects - writing for our women's conference and our missions committee's Heart for Hunger fundraiser.  I am trying to meet deadlines and stay on task, so I am tempted to hide away and avoid all interruptions!  

As he usually does, God brought a couple of really cute distractions my way way today (my nephews) and I almost apologized and missed out on their visit.  In the end, I was so glad I didn't!  Instead, I played with them so their mommy could eat lunch without a baby in her lap.

Sometimes, our work seems so important that we forget what is truly meaningful in life - helping others!  When we take time out for people, God will make sure all of the other stuff gets done!

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment