Monday, March 17, 2014

10,000 Steps

My sweet husband treated me tonight to a couple of new blouses for the upcoming conference. Considering that we have no budget for clothing, this was a very exciting thing, but there is nothing like trying on to clothes to highlight an out of shape body.  I have skinny girl taste with a plus size figure, and that makes shopping a little less fun.

A few weeks ago, I decided to begin using my FitBit again.  This little device is something like a fancy pedometer.  Last spring, I was incredibly successful in losing a significant amount of weight and getting in much better cardiovascular shape using a combination of the FitBit and the My Fitness Pal app. 

Soooo, sigh, I have decided that I need to go back to that system again.  I hesitate to announce that, only because it makes me accountable to do so, but I also know that accountability is important for success.  (If you could hear my tone of voice and see my eyes rolling, you would know that I am not really excited about this.)

My FitBit goals are 10,000 steps, 10 flights of stairs, 5 miles, and 2400 calories burned daily. I will end each of my blog posts with what I actually did each day. Here is today:

Fitness numbers
5104 steps
11 stairs 
2.16 miles
1945 calories burned

I am not ready to talk about the food yet - maybe tomorrow!  I am looking forward to feeling better, having more energy, and moving toward that skinny girl style!  Your prayers are coveted!




No comments:

Post a Comment