Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ready For Spring!

We had a wonderful surprise when we went out to the barn - our final baby was born today.  Little miss Viola came into the world sometime during today's springtime snowstorm and she was out of the barn enjoying the weather when we found her!  She's a sturdy little thing too!

Jerry and I were dreaming about our garden today, so we actually went outside and started working on  the garden fence.  We need a better way to keep the chickens out of our tomatoes this year, so we are going to build a proper fence.  I am so excited!  We sunk the cedar poles and hung the gate today, and while this won't keep out any of my feathered friend yet, it is really cute!
By the time Jerry and I got a few more poles in the ground, it had started snowing again.  So much for our spring gardening.  We decided to go about it another way by starting some sweet potato slips.  These are actually sweet potatoes from our garden last year, and I am hoping to be able to propogate my own plants from them this year.  Since I have never done this before, it's another of my great gardening experiments this year.  I think the next one will be planting asparagus!







No comments:

Post a Comment