Monday, March 3, 2014

In Pursuit

My pastor preached about pursuit this past Sunday.  It has really caused me to think today.  I have always lived a life of pursuit, but pursuit of what?  I'm not really sure.  I have pursued jobs, pursued friendships, pursued dreams.  I am always pursuing the next nap!

I am in a strange place in life right now.  I am quite literally middle-aged.  I don't feel at all resigned to life as it is.  Don't get me wrong, I am very content.  I just happen to also be ready for whatever is next.  If it is another career, okay, though I absolutely love what I do.  If it is a new ministry, okay, though our current ministry thrills me on a regular basis.  I feel poised on the brink of - well - something.  As indefinite as that may seem, I'm okay with that.

So what does that mean in terms of my pursuit?  Am I done pursuing?  No!  I will pursue until the pursuit is over.  I will pursue an ongoing relationship with God and the work he has for me to do.  I will pursue a life of love and encouragement and helping others.  I will pursue being a better wife, mother, and friend.  I will pursue the use of my talents for God's glory.  I will pursue life! And I will enjoy it along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment