Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Productive Free Time



If you have been reading my blog, (or if you know me well) you know that I am not a big fan of snow days.  It's not that I don't enjoy the break, but making up days at the end of the year is not pleasant, and it throws my curriculum all out of wack.  However, I do have to say that these couple of snow days this week have been very productive for me!

I am very pleased to report that my writing project for the women's conference at church is complete!  That is a huge load off of my shoulders.  I am excited about the conference and eager to share what God had laid on my heart.  I feel really good about the work that has gone into it and it is a great feeling to have it done ahead of time!

Yesterday, Jerry and I worked some more in Alden's room.  The carpet is being laid this weekend, so I am trying to finish the mural first.  I added some leaves, but there is still more work to do.  I am pleased with how it is going so far.

Today, a bird got into the house.  I suspect that my cats brought him in.  It flew around my kitchen for awhile and then finally flew out of a window I opened.  While he was in though, he ate some dead bugs from the top of a light fixture.  I guess he was helping me spring clean!

My favorite project today was my painting of my goat, Pink, and her baby, Blanca.  I did the painting for a friend's silentl auction to benefit a bone marrow drive.  I was not excited about starting the painting, but, as usual, I couldn't stop once I picked up the brush!  I fell in love with this one!  The goats are definitely my favorite painting subject right now!


Other than a little laundry and gathering things for the free swap, that was my day.  We another snow day tomorrow - wonder if it will be as productive?



No comments:

Post a Comment